Purchase a bug hotel to be placed on our North Devon project. Encourage more bugs to the site and help increase biodiversity for the area.
The aim of the project will be to rewild a significant area of land along water-courses, in an area where land is increasingly under pressure to provide economic returns from high yield farming methods or from changes to more tourist based economic activity. The project will seek to secure parcels of land from 0.25 acres upwards to rewild and return to natural vegetation to act as a buffer between the effluent polluted watercourse and the farm land beyond, while also removing the land from sale. There will also be an attempt to create a micro-economic activity if we are able to secure enough land to contribute to the tourist economy within the region in a sustainable way.
Benefits of Rewilding
- Mitigate Climate Change By Increasing Carbon Removal From The Atmosphere
- Protect Against Climate Change Impacts
- Reduce Soil Erosion, Flood Risk, And Pollution Run-Off Into Water Courses
- Rewilding Has Socio-Economic Opportunities For Local Communities
- Reduce Environmental Hazards
- Improving Human Health And Wellbeing With Access To Nature And Protecting The Essential Life-Cycles
(Image is indicative and may not represent the exact bug hotel placed at the site)